Many women are afraid to have sex during their pregnancy. This is understandable as there is a fear that the baby may be hurt during intercourse. Other women just feel uncomfortable with some sex positions and wish to know which sex positions are best while they’re pregnant.
First, is having sex while pregnant safe? The answer is yes. As long as you have a normal pregnancy, you can have as much sex as you want. Some women have sex right until the very end of their pregnancy and find it as fun as ever. The only rule there is on whether or not to have sex during your pregnancy is whether or not you feel comfortable having sex. Some women do develop some bleeding or other phenomena when having sex while pregnant, and if you are one of those women than you should consult your doctor, but these women are a small minority.
Best Sex Positions For Pregnant Women
1. Spooning – spooning is a great sex position during pregnancy, especially the third trimester, because this position has you facing away from your partner, so your belly isn’t in the way.
2. Half Missionary – This position has you lying with your feet on the edge of the bed, the floor, or supported by your partner. Your partner is standing over you, supported by his palms so he isn’t lying on top of you like in the missionary position.
Positions You Should Avoid
Basically, None! That’s the fun part. However, these positions may cause a bit of discomfort:
1. Missionary – This position may be difficult to perform when your stomach shows. During the early part of your pregnancy it’s fine.
2. You on top – When you become heavier, it may be difficult to support yourself over your partner, and your belly may interfere.
3. Doggy style – You will have a hard time supporting yourself when you start to become heavy which will interfere with your concentration and pleasure.
You may also feel discomfort with deep penetration, regardless of position.
Always remember this rule: The moment it starts to not feel good, stop. Otherwise you should be alright. Have fun and good luck with your pregnancy